Thursday, 30th of May 2013
Seminar on "Indo-European Collaborative R&D and Business Opportunities"
Venue: NIMA House, Nasik, Maharashtra
- Mr. Dhananjay Bele, President of NIMA welcomed everybody at NIMA and especially the Honourable Shri Chhaganraoji Bhujbal, Public World Demand and Guardian Minister of Maharashtra State and the European delegates.
At NIMA they want to promote the industries in Nashik, by hosting foreign delegates and signing memorandums of understanding . Within agriculture, food and wine NIMA is interested in transfer of technology.
- Mr. Jagdish Holkar, Chairman of the Indian Grape Processing Board gave an introduction about the wineries in Nashik. http://www.igpb.in
- Mr. Shrikar Dole Regional Manager of the EBTC in Mumbai gave his opening remarks and told something about the European mission
Guardian Minister of Maharashtra Shri. Changanraoji Bhujbal welcome
- Dr. Geetha Swamilingiah, Biotechnology Sector Specialist of the EBTC introduced the European delegates after which every delegate had to go in front to receive flowers from the Guardian Minister
Session 1 Agri–Food and Biotechnology Sector:
- Mr. Harshad Brahmankar the Chairman TQM Sub-Committee of NIMA first gave a presentation about Nashik.
- Cristina Pellegrino presented the region of Lombardia. Bernold Kemperink spoke about the opportunities in India and the challenges and Gianluca Carenzo gave the general presentation of Feeding the Planet.
Session 2 Exploring Collaborations Opportunities: Interactive Session
- Primarily the presentations about the clusters were given: Eric Fargeas presented Agropolis International, Bernold Kemperink presented Food Valley and Fabrizio Trigila presented Parco Technologico Padano.
- Presentation about Indian wine and wine industry by Jagdish Holkar, who is the Chairman of the Indian Grape Processing Board
Visit: York Winery, Nashik
Visit: Sula Winery, Nashik
Friday, 31st of May 2013
Visit: MET Bhujbal Knowledge City, Nashik
Visit: Food processing company: Freshtrop Fruits Limited – http://www.freshtrop.com
Visit: Renaissance Winery PVT. LTD, Ozar, Maharashtra